Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cape Cod Summer House

 For a family that calls San Francisco home most of the year. The cape is where they call home for the  summer months.This completely renovated 1800's home has a great combination of the traditional and beachy design. The original plaster ceilings were removed to expose the floor joints, therefore giving way to  beautiful exposed beams. Reclaimed chestnut floors help to warm the home. Beautiful, John Robshaw textiles through out the house add the perfect touch of of the updated exotic.



























Photobucket

7 comments:

michelle said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love the floor in the bedroom. I would love to call The Cape my summer home! Heck even my home would be perfect!
Have a great day dear!!
xoxox

Jane said...

what a wonderful place. it is both relaxing and energetic. Jane x

A room with a view said...

Love the entire look and mix of colors..so restful.

The enchanted home said...

Great looking, so relaxed and welcoming but definitely beautifully put together. Yes I would be very happy to call San Francisco and the Cape home!

Calypso In The Country said...

I love all the punches of color! What a gorgeous home!
-Shelley

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Super charming. Happy colors and very comfortable!

Melissah from Coastal Style said...

What a beautiful house - I love that pop of colour!
x
Melissah