Monday, March 28, 2011

Dolphin Love

My love for the Bottle Nose Dolphin began when I was 6 years old.when our family went to Sea World .I became enthralled and mesmerized by this playful, and gentle creature that had a perpetual smile on it's face. Back in the 60's at Sea World there was a  Dolphin tank that was chest level to me with no railing. I  just had to touch one and  I  put both hands in . Needless to say my father proceeded to quickly pull me away.When we took our own children, and boy! things had changed, no open tanks! Imagine that! Living where I do, the Inter Coastal Waterway is my open tank, and still put my hands in the water to feel a Dolphin. Or when I am swimming, I try to get as close as I can to them.
Over the years I have accumulated several beautiful pieces of Dolphin jewelery, and decor. As far as home decor goes, Dolphin decor for the most part is, let's say pretty tacky! I thought I would share some of my dolphin love with you
One of my favorite. stores Cottage Coastal Store has this adorable wooden sign.
I love these hoops of mine
 Dolphin charm. My bracelet is almost finished, and is all seaside and beach inspired, from  Pandora.
This beautiful Chrystal bowl is fromNautical Luxuries,
Brass door knocker from Amazon
These beautiful ornaments I think are great all year long. Hang them in the window or on a cabinet knob.Nautical Luxuries
 Wildlife Wonders Napkin ring
Cabinet pulls
Some of the most fun I have ever had.!

Help save the Dolphins in Japan .Dolphin Project
Helping to save the Dolphins  close to home.. Adopt a Dolphin or donateThe Dolphin Project
.

4 comments:

beachcomber said...

i love dolphins too!

Cottage Coastal Store, Inc. said...

Thank you again for including us in your post today! We are also following along...great posts :) Of course we love coastal style and have enjoyed going through your archives ;)

michelle said...

Love love love! I was the exact same way! The beauty and the mystery of them, they way they always smile always fascinated me. I loved swimming with them, it was such a surreal feeling being in the water with them something I hope to do again. :)

Eileen @ Cottage Beach House said...

What a cute post. Dolphins are such a neat creatures. I love them and wish I knew more about them.