Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thank You!

I was soo very  surprised and honored  when  Calypso In The Country awarded Seaside Style  the Stylish Blog Award!  Thank you !!! ! I am trying not to get ahead of my self here, but to quote Sally Fields "They Like Me, They Really Like Me" LOL.
I am starting to meet some wonderful inspiring women , that I would have never had the pleasure of meeting had it not been for my blog or yours, and I thank you all!




The rules of the award are:



1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Award 10 great bloggers.

4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award.




7 Things About Myself

1. I have 4 amazing children and the greatest husband.

This photo is a bit old. Robert's graduation from USC, Robert is 26,Matthew 25 , Jennifer 23  and Michael 19
2.I had a collegiate tennis ranking in 1978. Dean College,# 3 in MA. I don't have any of those photos on my computer.

3. Dolphins are my very favorite animal.

Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel Mexico
 Swimming with dolphins was amazing!!! I get to watch them all the time where I live and I never get tired of it.
4.I have 6 tattoos.
The Bluebird tatto here is in memory of my dad. I have a Dolphin, a four leaf clover, a flower on my toe, and yes 2 lower back tattoos.
5.I  LOVE James Taylor!!
I grew up with Sweet Baby James in the 70's. He is still my all time fav!I always say I am going to marry him in my next life.
6. I am often told I look like Ellen DeGeneres....

My hair used to be cut just like this. I was stopped in Airports, Grocery stores, anywhere i can think of.. and would hear "OMG do you know who you look like"? As much as I love Ellen, and I am pretty darn funny I got tired of hearing it and grew out my hair.
7. I recently learned I can draw.


It's a start....
I would like to give these bloggers The same award .They have truly inspired me. It is my  hope you find their blogs as inspiring as I do.Please check them out!

1.Love Of The Sea
2.Sand And Sisal
3.Chic Coastal Living
4.Sealaura
5.Simple Daisy
6Lavender Dreams
7.Beach House Living
8,Emerald Cove
9Shorely Chic

10 comments:

Simple Daisy said...

Thank you so much!!

Welcome to the blogging world! You will love it:):)

Calypso In The Country said...

I love James Taylor too! I have seen him in concert several times. Nice to know more about you!

Beautifully Seaside // Formerly Chic Coastal Living said...

Thank you so much Linda for the mention! You're a doll! Blogging is a blast! Keep it up!

michelle said...

Thank you so much, that is so sweet and I loved learning a bit more about you! I love dolphins and swimming with them was one of the most amazing experiences in my life! Your drawing is beautiful, you are going to so very well! I can see the resemblance to Ellen, I just love her!

sealaura said...

Hi there!

Thanks again for the mention. Simpledaisy is right, you will love blogging, there is always so much to see and learn in the blogosphere! I wish it were my full time job!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How sweet of you! I sure appreciate the link to my blog...and I LOVE your blog! It's fun to get to know you better! People always say I look familiar but not like someone famous! heehee! (I'm an award free blog but I sure love that you thought of me!) HUGS! ♥

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Hi Linda, thank you for stopping by and visiting, and for your kind words! I've only been blogging since July, and I agree, I've met some wonderful women and a few good men, LOL!!! I'm now following you back! Have a wonderful week!

Mary

Leo said...

Hi there - thank you so much. I am going to do my post tonight!!!

Beach House Living said...

Thank you so much! Welcome to blogging.

Cate Wnek said...

Very happy to learn about your blog! Very cool! You have a great eye for color! And liked your sneak peak to color for 2011. Hopefully you'll stop by my blog sometime (lifecomesrounds.com). Came to you by way of the Seabags link on facebook. I am a former southerner (VA) turned New Englander (ME).